What types of businesses use Interface?

The Interface service is used by a broad range of businesses, including those involved in the manufacturing, wholesaling, business services, construction, transportation, distribution, import, export sectors and many more.

What is Invoice Discounting?

Invoice Discounting (also known as Invoice Finance or Debtor Finance) is where a financier, such as Interface, buys one or more of your unpaid customer invoices and provides you with immediate cash for your business. This enables you to run your business without the stress of cashflow headaches.

Why use Invoice Discounting rather than a bank overdraft?

We encourage you to fully utilise your bank relationship including a normal overdraft facility. We are there to help when your bank may need to say “No” or you do not want to put up your house or other assets as collateral. Our security is only over the invoices we purchase, not your fixed assets. Unlike an overdraft, you do not pay for the facility if you are not using it. Our fee is based only on the actual invoices purchased. There is nothing for you to pay when you are not using the service.

When do we get paid and how much?

Once initial documentation is completed, we can fund an invoice in about 24 hours (maybe sooner). We pay 90% of the invoice value by direct credit into your account overnight. When your customer pays us, we deduct our fee & pass the balance of the remaining 10% directly on to you.

Can we sell invoices owed to us by consumers?

No. We deal with business to business invoices only.

Do you fund contracts to supply?

No. We cannot fund a future event and only fund invoices for goods/services already supplied. However, progress payments can be funded where applicable.

Is this really just Factoring?

No. Unlike Factoring, Invoice Discounting does not take over your whole debtor ledger or require you to sign up for a minimum period of say a year. Invoice Discounting is simply you selling an invoice to us for cash on a “as you need to” basis. It is a flexible and quick way to access the money owed to you immediately so you can grow your business or meet your commitments without waiting for your customers to pay. We only charge fees when there are transactions.

What will it cost?

Our fee starts at 4% of the invoice value purchased. The fee increases depending on how long it is before the debtor pays. You will be given our fee schedule so you can see what the actual fee will be. There are no set up, documentation, establishment fees.

Does my industry sector or size matter?

No. Interface has clients across a wide range of industries and sizes.

What happens if our customer fails to pay you?

This very rarely happens as we do prior credit checks on the debtor. However, if a debtor does not pay, you will buy the invoice back from us (or swap for another invoice of similar value). You then deal directly with your customer for payment or use a debt collection agency.

What minimum/maximum debts do you buy?

We purchase down to about $5000 invoice value. There is no maximum.



I absolutely would recommend Interface to others and have already done so. It may not be for everybody but it certainly works for us.

Onyx Digital Limited


Working with Interface takes the worry out of the business and lets me keep my mind on future growth and expansion, rather than worrying about how to keep things turning over.

Kings Drywall Services Limited


Interface stepped in to fund the new work as soon as the invoices were delivered. This enabled materials and labour expenses to be paid on time and helped get the company back on its feet. This type of short term assistance is core Interface activity.

Agricultural Services Contractor

Contact Us

Instant Cash for Your Business

Interface is NZ's leading alternative finance source for small and medium sized business. We have over 15 years' experience in NZ with our specialist invoice discounting (spot factoring) service and can turn your debtor invoices into immediate cash to pay your creditors on time. Why wait for your debtors to pay you in 30 to 45 days when you can have cash today?